(1) Premium Grade Stainless Steel. The body of every action is machined from 17-4 stainless steel. This is a tougher, more corrosion resistant material compared to 4000-series alloy often used on firearms. The surface of the action is hardened to 42-43 RC. The bolt body uses even tougher 9310 steel, surface hardened to over 60 RC. Tight benchrest tolerances. Decades of experience in the benchrest circuit have shown that absolute concentricity of the bolt and the action body around the axis defined by the bore line of the barrel is paramount to precision shooting. Each McMillan action is CNC machined from a centerless ground billet blank, not a forging. The face of the action is absolutely perpendicular to the axis of the bolt. Tolerances on general metalwork are held to within 0.005". Critical parts are held to 0.0005" tolerances.
(2) Fluted Bolt Aids Reliability. Flutes sweep mud and grit away, helping to keep the action operating smoothly in harsh environments.
(3) Accepts Remington-Style Trigger.
(4) Even the Underside of a McMillan Action is a Work of Art.
In a production action, this area is finished poorly with burrs and tool marks to save costs. In contrast, every component of a McMillan G30 action shows precision engineering and attention to detail throughout, whether the area is hidden or exposed.
(5) Custom Recoil Lug. The action face and recoil liug of every G30 action are precision ground and mated with a detention pin for absolute alignment.